A starting hand in 카지노커뮤니티 poker is the first set of cards that each player receives. The starting hands are important because they may often be the only hand you will be dealt all game. It is like your initial investment; if you fold right away without seeing any other cards, then your “investment” had folded before it had a chance to grow.
If you have a strong starting hand, it will pay off big time when the right cards fall later in the game. On the other hand, if you have a weak hand, your investment will probably go up in smoke, and you will lose all the chips bet on the table at the beginning of the game.
There are many strategies for starting hand selection, and many will be discussed in future articles. But for now, let’s focus on the Top 5 Starting Hand Strategies you can use to bet more effectively and up your game.
- High cards: Ace, King, Queen, Jack – These hands alone don’t mean much unless it is Ace-Ace or King-King, but even then, you are only looking at high pairs which better high cards will beat on the flop. These hands are strong, but they aren’t strong enough to bet aggressively with.
- Medium Pairs: Queen-10, 7-7 – Any pair above seven is considered a medium pair because of all the high-value cards in a 52 card deck. These hands work well in a low-limit game because of the small amount of money bet. However, in a larger no limit or pot limit game, it is important to have two strong hole cards instead because there could be half the table all in pre-flop with weaker medium pairs, and you don’t want to risk your entire stack of chips on a pair that might get beaten.
- Suited Connectors: 7-8, 9-10 – These cards are not strong enough alone and can’t be bet aggressively with pre-flop, but they make excellent drawing hands because paired together, they make two consecutive flushes or two consecutive straights.
- Suited Aces: Ace of hearts, King of spades – These cards are not strong on their own, but they make excellent drawing hands when combined with a flush or straight draw. If an ace is paired with either a king or queen, then it can create numerous combinations to create the flush or straight.
- Suited Face Cards: 10 of hearts, 9 of spades – These cards are not strong on their own, but they make excellent drawing hands when combined with a flush draw. If a face card is paired with an Ace or King, then there are numerous combinations it can make to create the flush.
That’s it for the starting hand strategy. There are many other combinations, but you can find them all online and learn more about poker in general. Before you know it, you will be bluffing your way to a pot of gold!
On a concluding note, you can never go wrong with a pair of Jacks or better, and if you do end up playing this strategy, you must raise the blinds every time unless your hand is extremely weak. You should not use this strategy in a low-limit game because it will lead to all your chips being sucked out by other players who know how to play this well. Play low limits if you are starting, and try not to use this strategy for the first few weeks/months that you play poker.